Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-22-2017 03:04 PM
When I try to print from a web page or pdf file my printer prints in very small font and it seems to think that the right hand margin is set to the middle of the page and won't print any farther than that. It does print the entire text but only half way across the page.
When printing from programs like Word or others it prints fine.
Can anyone help?
05-23-2017 02:07 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer prints fine from programs like Word and other applications. But prints in very small font and sets the right-hand margin is set to the middle of the page and won't print any farther than that. It does print the entire text but only half way across the page.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this issue start recently or has it been an issue from the beginning?
- Did any software changes or updates happen post which this issue may have started?
- Do you have an option to increase the font size from the application before printing?
Meanwhile, I did some research on this issue and it could be a driver related concern. Therefore please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers.
Please try to print and check the output. If the issue persists then I suggest uninstalling the printer drivers from the root level by following the below steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- You may download and install the drivers from this link.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know the results. All the best! 🙂
05-23-2017 03:34 PM
Thanks for the information but it didn't work. I am thinking that it may be a computer problem instead of the printer. I am going to restore my computer to an earlier time and see it that will help. Don't remember making any changes or installing new programs but I might have. This problem has been going on for a few months now.
05-23-2017 05:03 PM
You can try two things:
1. Please print web pages using a different browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and check the performance.
2. Try to print the PDF document as an image by following the below steps:
Open the original PDF file, if necessary.
Click File, and then click Print, or click the Print icon (). The Print window opens.
Click Advanced. The Advanced Print Setup window opens.
Select the Print As Image checkbox, change any other settings as desired, and then click OK.
On the Print window, click OK again to begin printing.
Hope this does the trick. Good luck!