Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 Entertainment PC se problem my disable code is 51529327
Please help if you can

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...

HP Recommended
It unlocled yay! gave info on the gray screen but not sure how to get it to reboot
HP Recommended
First hp invent then, Curser blinking in left upper but won't turn on stays black screen. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have recovery disk as well but still nothing.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you can do about that.

Run the hard drive test.   There should be a diagnostics program to run in the BIOS.

Sounds to me like the hard drive failed.

HP Recommended

The hard drive test only went to 69% no further. Is there a way to purchase a hard drive for it? Does thisean all my pics and such are gone? Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It is possible that you may be able to save any files and pictures you have by removing the hard drive, get a SATA to USB cable, plug the hard drive into another PC's USB port and see if you can see any files on the drive.

If you can, you can copy them to the PC.

If not...then you probably won't be able to retrieve them.

You can purchase another hard drive either online or from an office supply, electronics store, or online.

Check the maintenance and service guide for your specific model dv6000 for how to remove and replace the hard drive.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.