Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can you elaborate some on the details of the "10s-fix"?  Is it a patch?  Where do I download it?

We run t510's w/ T6X43202 and have the same issues.  This coupled with how absolutely terrible the HP Device Manager is enough to make you go shopping for Wyse for sure.  Can't believe how bad this is...

-Adam

HP Recommended

I think he's referring to the 10-second timeout patch. Basically instead of just sitting there stuck on the error forever, after 10 seconds it automatically selects "Yes" and resets your display configuration, then finishes booting. You have to open a ticket with HP support for them to supply you with the patch. Since it resets the display configuration automatically and disables your second monitor every time you boot, it is not very helpful and does NOT in any way resolve the problem. I'm still waiting for a fix.

HP Recommended

After installing the patch, look for the file "x-timer.sh" (/usr/bin)

Using "vi" you can edit the file and change the line "hptc-reset-display -D" by something like "hptc-restartX"

I'm not an expert but it works for me. Video profiles are not lost anymore.

I'm also waiting for a true solution since video performances affects applications like freeRDP

If you have better ways to change that script, please share :smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

It seems like the HP R&D have found the file which is responsible for the error. You have to remove or rename it under "/etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules". For me til now no error shows up, but I will test it further. Be careful, without the file you cannot hotplug USB keyboards, the mapping will be wrong. I think it is a first acceptable solution while waiting for 4.4

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you, BP-IT - your fix was the final step for us to be able to deploy the 5 HP T510's we've been fighting with for the past couple months. 

I did the following per BP-IT's suggestion above: 

1. Opened X Terminal as admin

2. Typed sudo mv /etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules.bak and pressed enter

3. Rebooted the thin client - problem solved as far as I can tell in short-term testing

Gathering an image now to make sure this setting is persistent in the imaging process. 

HP Recommended

Magnificent! I'll do some testing of this myself tomorrow. Hot swapping isn't a concern for me but I do wonder if it would affect wireless mice/keyboards which "wake up" when you start moving them. I wouldn't think that would be a concern because the device still sees the receiver dongle connected even if the mouse itself has gone to sleep but I'll need to test with some different hardware to confirm. Has anyone who has made this change noted any other USB device issues as a result?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.