Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please help me with HP ProtectTools Security Manager removal? (HP ProBook 4530s)

Reasons:  /slowing Windows startup and login  /extremely slow loading  /can not remove user password  /blocking some security accesses (I´m admin, so why is this???)

I tried to uninstall it via Windows Control panel, side-provided software and also by following uninstall-steps found somewhere in forums. All these metods (3) with no results... Nothing works.

I would really appreciate some help or tips.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hey Papuce,

I understand you want to remove Security Tool.
Follow these steps, even tho, I don't recommend this as it is Security Tools.
Step 1

Click Start, then "All Programs." Select "HP Protect Tools Security Manager" from the list of programs.

Step 2

Click "Settings." Click the box to the left of the menu. The green check in the box should disappear, which means that the application is disabled.

Step 3

Close the window and restart the computer.

Provided by 3rd Party site.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended
Hey Papuce,

I understand you want to remove Security Tool.
Follow these steps, even tho, I don't recommend this as it is Security Tools.
Step 1

Click Start, then "All Programs." Select "HP Protect Tools Security Manager" from the list of programs.

Step 2

Click "Settings." Click the box to the left of the menu. The green check in the box should disappear, which means that the application is disabled.

Step 3

Close the window and restart the computer.

Provided by 3rd Party site.

Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you for answering! 🙂

Finally it is gone and time from "switch on" to "ready to work" has decreased from 2,5 minutes to less than 1 a minute... lol

HP Recommended

Hi Mrstenter,

I want to delete HP Protecttools Security Manager from my latop. The problem is that the file is uncompatible with my OS. This means that I cannot access the settings menu you describe in Step 2.

To make things even worse is that there are multiple Copies of HP PTSM on mysystem thusly my laptop is slowing majorily.

I have Elitebok 2530p Win 7 Pro 64. 

(On a side note none of the HP Protecttools Security Manager versions work on my OS. For some reason it's uncompitable.) 

How do I uninstall HPPTSM?
Is there a way to use the Fingerscanner without HPPTSM?

Thanks,

Sa
Dublin

HP Recommended

Hi Sa_Ti,

I understand you are interested in removing some unwanted software on your Elitebook 2530p notebook. If you follow this document it will show you how to do it on Windows 7.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835723

You can download the fingerprint sensor software from here.

http://bit.ly/1ek6K2k

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks Mrstener,

Okay I've uninstalled most of HPPTSM through a different method.

I am hoping you can help me with the primary issue;

In order to use the Finger Print Scanner; 3 things are required (as far as i know);

FP Driver
Digital Perona Personal Software
HP Protecttools Security Manager

I can get the driver and D PP Software no problem. The problem is with HP Protecttools Security Manager.
For some reason it is uncompatible with Win 7 Prof 64 bit.

Is there an alternative to HP PTSM? Is there an a solution to the my uncompatibility problem? Can I succesfully use the Finger Print Scanner in a functional way throught some altenative method? (for example; changing security settings, permissions etc.)?

Many thanks,

Sa
Dublin

HP Recommended

Hi Sa_Ti,

I researched you questions. I came up with this for the HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite it is a patch. You do need this to function the Fingerprint Reader.

http://bit.ly/1aVzGsF

Here is a link to several things that need to be done to ensure your Fingerprint Reader is working correctly.  Updating the BIOS is a main link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

HP Recommended

Hey Sa_Ti,

It is a patch so it should just apply the changes. Is everything work ok now?

Let me know.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks,

So I've installed Simplepass but it says cannot detect sensor.

HP instructions says that the BIOS may need updating. I've done this and it's still not detected.

I think the problem lies with the BIOS firmware or with Windows.NET 4.

Updating the BIOS... is more complex than it seems... First of all there is an option for choosing which Elitebook 2530p version. Basemodel, Notebook PC or (Energy Star)... Each of which have different SP's

Secondly, if you look at the BIOS downloads http://bit.ly/IvbAPC. There are 3!

Then HP warns that if I install this BIOS it may permanetly damage my system! If I install the incorrect  version.

Also during one of the fingerprint scanner drivers install it prompted me to install Windows.Net 4 Framework. Do you think this may be affecting the fingerprint scanner or related software?

Many thanks,

Sa

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.