Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion p6-2100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

here is pic of screen at boot-up. keyboard will not work...is motherboard the problem? and could i add a usb card to get new usb's ports?? out of warranty... please advise thanks ,,..mike nash..IMG_20170217_171015 screen grab.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mnash209

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I've run into the same keyboard not working problem on some older HP Media Center PCs that I maintain and what fixed them was two things:

1) Resetting the CMOS

2) Swapping out the HP keyboard for an inexpensive USB keyboard

As to 1), here is a link to the motherboard info for your PC, with information on how to reset the CMOS:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02966470

As to add-in card, according to that same info, your motheboard has three PCI-express expansion slots, so you would be able to an a USB port card to get more ports.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

i want to thank you for the fast responce.. i've tried a wireless keyboard, still same thing.. i've changed CMOS a couple of times nothing still.,.it even inticates keyboard error when nothing is pluged in.. i'm going to order a card next week. thanks again.. mike nash

HP Recommended

@mnash209

You said you "changed" the CMOS -- but what you need to do is RESET it.

I did that and the PC worked fine until my client made the mistake of reconnecting their HP keyboard, and then we had to start all over again.

I AM surprised the Wireless keyboard did not work, though -- it should have.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.