cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jg111
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

what type of usb does this computer have

HP Recommended
Model #: p6-2108p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

what type of usb does this computer have?  I want to use an active usb extension cable and need to know which type will work

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,543 30,450 2,784 6,722
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jg111

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here are the HP published specs for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03137294

As you can see, it has six USB 2.0 ports, 2 on the front, 4 on the back.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From: https://www.amazon.ca/Belkin-Active-Extension-Cable-F3U130-16/dp/B0001STJ6M

The USB Active Extension Cable from Belkin ensures you get the best performance and maximum data integrity when you transfer information

It uses active electronics to sustain your data signal, so you can connect a peripheral to your PC from an extra 16 feet away.

Standard (passive) USB extension cable connections can cause significant data loss over distances of more than 16 feet.

So, IT DOES NOT MATTER what type of USB ports you have on your computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation