Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp compaq 6005 pro sff
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
i turn my computer off it was working fine when i turn it on it is stuck on the hp invent screen then it restarts and is on boot screen again and restarts over and over
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@matthew2001

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that your HP Compaq 6005 Pro does not boot into OS. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Perform the following steps to determine if the hard drive is detected in BIOS:

• Remove any media from the floppy drives, CD/DVD drives, USB ports, and memory card reader slots, and then disconnect all non-essential devices (printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar). Leave only the keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected to the computer.
  • Turn on the computer, and then press the F10 key repeatedly at the first screen to open the BIOS Setup tool.
  • Verify that a hard drive name is listed from the main screen.

Click here and follow step 3 in the document to for further troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sorry for wasting ur time but i kinda fixed it what I did was had iso download for 8.1 pro and boot order the flash drive and I installed umm 8.1 tnx for the help if i have any problems ill ask hp support formums
HP Recommended

@matthew2001

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.