cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MTHGFX
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

workstation freezing

HP Recommended
Z840
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I have Hp Z 840 workstation, and it`s totaly freezes from time to time.

one note I would mention that I have replaced the K6000 graphics card to Nvidia Titan X pascal.

Please any suppot could help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,730 6,714 634 1,514
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MTHGFX

Did this problem occur immediately after installing the Titan? Did you modify the BIOS to boot with the new card? Consumer PC's require disabling Secure Boot and enabling Legacy Boot or clearing the keys and creating a new key set reflecting the addition of the new graphics card. This is probably not the problem as the system will normally freeze at POST.

Did you uninstall previous graphics card drivers before installing the new graphics card in MB?

Did you install the latest Nvidia graphics drivers after installing the Titan?

This problem could be something else but I would try different Nvidia drivers. Then try going back to the old graphics card to see if this issue goes away.

You could have either an Nvidia driver problem, a conflict with the old graphics drivers if you have not uninstalled them, a Titan hardware problem, or different driver or system file corruption, or hardware problem unrelated to the new graphics card.

Grzy

0 Kudos
MTHGFX
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz

Thanks for your respond.

I will passby on all what you mention and let you know what will get.

Just have a look at the attachments and let me if its helfull.

Thankslog01.jpglog01.jpg

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation