Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone!

We heard some of you are having issues logging in after we introduced the new sign in experience on the forums and we would like to help.

Difference iconDifference between username, email address and screen name

First of all, we would like to remind everyone the difference between username, email address and screen name. 

Your username is an element of your HP profile and it's your user identifier. It is used to sign in to the forum and any other HP applications, and it's not displayed anywhere on the forum.

To simplify things, HP applications don't ask specifically for a username during the registration process, instead they use the email address you provide on the sign up form. You have to option to change your username later, but we recommend it to be the same as your email address to avoid confusion.

Your primary email address is the email address all HP applications will use to communicate with you and send instructions to recover your credentials -if needed-. You can also change this on your profile, just keep in mind that changing your email address doesn't automatically change your username, and viceversa.

HP profileHP profile

Your screen name is how you will be known on the forum. It is attached to your activity (replies, private messages, leaderboards, etc) and it's not the same as the username mentioned above.

JessikaV_0-1670324824915.png

Sign in iconHow do I sign in?

To sign in to your account, just follow these steps:

1. Click on "Sign up/Sign in" at the top of any forum page
  2. Enter your username. If you don't know your it, try to recover it using your email address.
  3. If you want us to pre-fill your username next time you sign in check "Remember me". Note: this option won't keep you signed in indefinitely.
  4. Click "Next".
  5. The next screen will ask for your password. If you don't remember it, try to reset it.
  6. Click on "Sign in"

(1) Sign up/Sign in link(1) Sign up/Sign in link  (2) (3) Enter your username(2) (3) Enter your username  (5) Enter your password(5) Enter your password

To create a new account, just follow these steps:

2. Click on "No HP account? Let's change that."
  3. Fill the sign up form (first name, last name, email address -this will also be your username-, country of residence). It's important that you use a valid email address, since we will be sending a verification code to complete the registration process.
  4. Click on "I'm not a robot"
  5. If you want to read the terms of use, click on the link right above the "Sign up" button.
  6. Click on "Sign up"
  7. We will send you an email with a verification code. If you don't receive it after a few minutes, try checking your spam folder, if you don't find it there, try clicking on "Didn't receive the verification code?"
  8. Enter the verification code on the form and click "Submit"
  9. If the code is correct you'll see a confirmation and will be redirected to the forum to choose a screen name for your new account.

(1) Sign up/Sign in link(1) Sign up/Sign in link  (2) "No HP account? Let's change that" link(2) "No HP account? Let's change that" link  (3)(4)(5)(6) Sign up form(3)(4)(5)(6) Sign up form  (7) Verification code email(7) Verification code email  (8) Verification code form(8) Verification code form  (8) Email verified confirmation(8) Email verified confirmation  (9) Choose your screen name(9) Choose your screen name

User iconHow do I recover my username?

For most users their username matches their email address, but there are a few exceptions (if the user changed their email but forgot to update their username, or viceversa). 

If you are having issues logging in, we suggest you try to recover your username first to make sure you're using the right credentials. Here's how to do it.

2. Click on "Forgot your username or password?"
  3. Select "Username"
  4. Enter your email address
  5. Click "Next".
  6. If the email address is registered we will send you an email with your username. If it seems like you didn't receive it, look into your spam folder.

(1) Sign up/Sign in link(1) Sign up/Sign in link  (2) Forgot credentials link(2) Forgot credentials link  (3)(4) Forgot username form(3)(4) Forgot username form  (6) Email sent(6) Email sent  (6) Recover username email(6) Recover username email

Password iconHow do I reset my password?

2. Click on "Forgot your username or password?"
  3. Select "Password"
  4. Enter your username. Please keep in mind that your username might not be the same as your email address.
  5. Click "Next".
  6. If the username exists we will send you an email with a code to reset your password. If it seems like you didn't receive it, look into your spam folder.
  7. Enter the code and a new password.
  8. Click "Save"

(1) Sign up/Sign in link(1) Sign up/Sign in link  (2) Recover credentials link(2) Recover credentials link  (3) (4) Request password reset(3) (4) Request password reset  (6) Reset password email(6) Reset password email  (7) Reset password form(7) Reset password form

Social iconHow do I sign in with my social account (Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn)?

Unfortunately, due to the way that social sign in works on the new experience we decided to disable it for now to avoid account conflicts. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

But that doesn't mean you won't be able to access your forum account. it's still there, and you can access it using your HP credentials. Just follow the steps to recover your username using the email linked to your social account, then reset your password with that username.

Alert icon"No match found" error when trying to sign in.

"No match found" error"No match found" error

Possible cause #1

Trying to log in with your screen name instead of your username.

How to fix it?

Try with your username. The best way to be sure that you're doing it is to use the "Forgot your username or password?" option on the sign in page to recover your username.

If you get an "Email address not found" error, check the section below.

Possible cause #2 

Trying to log in with your email address instead of your username.

This could be the case if, for some reason, your username and your email address are not the same.  Our previous sign in experience allowed users to sign in with either their username or email address, the new experience doesn't allow users to log in with their email address.

How to fix it? 

Try with your username. The best way to be sure that you're doing it is to use the "Forgot your username or password?" option on the sign in page to recover your username.

Possible cause #3

Password is incorrect.

How to fix it? 

Try to reset your password. First you have make sure you know your username because it is required to reset your password, so we recommend recovering it first.

Once you know your username, you can use the "Forgot your username or password?" option on the sign in page to reset your password.

Possible cause #4

You haven't register with that email address, or you did using social sign in. We have temporarily disabled it.

How to fix it? 

Try to sign up first. 

Alert icon"Email address not found" error when trying to recover my username.

"Email address not found" error"Email address not found" error

This means we didn't find any users matching the email address you provided.

Possible cause #1 

You haven't register with that email address, or you did using social sign in. We have temporarily disabled it.

How to fix it?

Try to sign up

Possible cause #2 

You initially registered with that email address but at some point you changed it. 

How to fix it?

We recommend you try with the email address where you usually receive forum notifications.

Alert icon"Username not found" error when trying to reset my password.

"Username not found" error"Username not found" error

This means we didn't find any users matching the username you provided.

Possible cause #1 

Your username and your email address are not the same and you're trying to reset your password using your email address.

How to fix it?

You need to enter your username when trying to reset your password. Please try to recover your username first to make sure you're using the correct identifier.

Possible cause #2

The username doesn't exists because you haven't created an account, or you did using social sign in. We have temporarily disabled it.

How to fix it?

Try to sign up again.

------

Thanks for being an active member of our community. We appreciate it.

The HP Support Forum Team

Oscar.
I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.