06-20-2011 02:50 PM - last edited on 05-28-2019 09:42 AM by kevin-t
You may not be able to visit the Community every day, to check if your post has been answered or not.
There are two ways to follow conversations in the community.
a. The first way is to while posting on the community:
While you are making a post, there is a box on the right hand side of the screen under that says, Email me when someone replies.
1. Check the box before posting; you will be subscribed to the thread.
b. The second way to follow the conversation is to sign up from the thread that interest you:
If you are interested in a conversation/thread on the Community, you can sign up for an email alert so you will know when something has been posted.
Here are the step-by-step instructions.
1. Go to the thread that interests you.
2. At the top right of the screen, there is a gear icon, .
3. Click that icon.
4. Choose Subscribe from the drop-down.
That is all there is to it! We’ll send you an email when someone replies to your post.
If at any time, you want to discontinue the e-mail notification for a particular thread, you can perform the same steps. However, you will choose Unsubscribe. (“Unsubscribe” option shows only for those threads, which you have subscribed to already).
If you want to stop getting emails, you can change a setting. Here is how:
1. When you're logged into the Community. Click on your username located on the top right to open the drop down menu and then click on My Settings.
3. Now click on, Subscriptions & Notifications tab, as shown in the picture. This will open several subscription/bookmark options.
4. Click on the Notification Settings tab.
5. Uncheck the option Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in.
6. Finally, scroll down below and click on the Save button.
It might be inconvenient for you to navigate back to a topic you started or a reply you posted, every time you want to check for updates. To learn how to easily find out posts you have created - check the following topic: