Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-04-2013 10:46 AM - last edited on 10-09-2019 01:10 PM by kevin-t
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This community is a great place to get your questions answered as well as learn how to get the most out of your HP products. If this is your first time in our community, you have come to the right place to learn how the Community works.
Let’s begin with the basic structure of the Community. The community is divided into Categories, as in the screenshot below, so that you can easily choose an area relevant to your query.
Each of these Categories, are further divided into Boards, based on specific type of issues or queries. For example, if you click the Notebooks category, it will take into the below view:
You can just go right into any of the boards, search for a particular issue or create your own post.
Before you delve deeper into this board to find more information about how the Community works, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Before you create a post, to get the quickest, most accurate response from the community, please include the following in your post:
- A brief Subject title including:
- Product Name
- A short description of the problem
- A detailed message with the following information:
- Product Name and Operating System
- How do I find my product name and number?
- Description of the problem including:
- Error messages, if any
- Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
- Do not include the product serial number or any private information.
Read more in here: Advice for Asking the Very Best Question
You may also be interested in some posts that show:
- How to search the community to find the answers you are looking for;
- How to join it so that you will be able to ask a question; and
- How to make post and where to post it to get a timely response.
You don’t have to be a member to search for answers. However, you will need to register if you want to post a question.
Looking for a quick rundown of the Community? Please check out our FAQ page.
Should you have any suggestions or feedback on the site feel free to add comments in the Community Feedback.
We look forward to hearing from you.
HP Community Team
Want to help? Become an Expert!
I was an HP employee.