Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
27" HP Omen Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To whom it may concern.

1 day ago, purchased a brand new Omen HP 27" (1440p Gsync 144Hz) monitor. For some unclear reason the monitor ONLY works via HDMI (limiting me to only 60Hz referesh rate). DisplayPort does not work. Steps I took to trouble shoot:
1) Connected another monitor (my previous LG ultrawide) via display port, which is funnctional so it's not a GPU/hardware issue
2) Removed completely all related LG software from my computer
3) Installed updated driver set for my HP Omen
4) Installed HP Omen Command Center
5) Manually went to HP Monitor Setting>Input Control>I get error "Input signal not found .... Monitor going to sleep". The resolution is set to 2550 x 1440 @ 60Hz, which is support by my GTX 1080 (as previously stated the DisplayPorts are in perfect working condition on my GPU and works flawlessly with other monitors).

I am running windows 10 OS. Please help me, I am trying to avoid having to return/replace this monitor.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@scgamerd

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that the HDMI is limiting only to 60Hz and display port is not functioning, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

Try updating the display drivers using this link: https://hp.care/2lNrUR3;

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post on display drivers.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Eagerly waiting for your reply!

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello, I just bought my Omen 27" monitor and I have the same problem. HDMI works fine but displayport does nothing.

HP Recommended

I didn’t get a chance to do this before I returned the monitor but try turning off the adaptive contrast option and see if that fixes it.

Dustin

HP Recommended

Oh sorry wrong issue. Just simply change the input to display port.

HP Recommended

I tried that several times and it says that there's no signal. I updated the drivers and changed my card options to use maximum performance and still nothing.

HP Recommended

You could try a different display port cable or you may have a faulty display port on either your video card or monitor.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems. What GPU do you have? And what cable are you using? (Hdmi vs DisplayPort). The following worked for me:

0) first and foremost make sure you use the cables that came with the monitor, and try to use the DisplayPort vs hdmi (to get full 144hz refresh rate potential of the monitor). 

1) make sure the usb wire (comes with monitor) is connected to both PC and monitor, power cord is plugged in and nothing is loose.

2) disconnect any other cables (for example I had hdmi and display port connected to my gpu at the same time), and ensure only DisplayPort is connected to your GPu (your video card). 

3) is the above don’t work, try switching the ends of DisplayPort that are connected (gpu>monitor and monitor>gpu). 

Hoping these steps help you

HP Recommended

My card Is a gtx 1050ti. I just tried what you said. I even unplugged everything except the USB for the monitor and the displayport cable. I switched ends. Still nothing. I'm using all the cables that came with the box. This is too frustrating.

HP Recommended

You could return it for another monitor to rule out the monitor being the issue. I was frustrated with this monitor as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.