Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am really mad with hp, after all this time to get the G2, it doesn't work in my system, an asus rog strix b550-i, ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of 3600mhz ram, sapphire pulse 5700xt and a psu corsair sf750. I get the same error 7-14 on all USB ports, I also tried with 2 USB hubs, I have updated windows and all updated drivers.

everyone knows about these problems on x570 and b550 cards and still HP didn't say anything ....

are you not ashamed?

i believe i will return my G2 and keep my samsung odyssey plus

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue on my b550 pc,

I have tried everything I can possibly try to get this to work except for a usb expansion card, as I have a small build and no space for expansion. On top of this, I refuse to simply buy a usb hub to fix the issue because I think it's unacceptable that that's the only way to fix this and although I've seen it work, I know this is a chipset compatibility issue and I refuse to buy a hub just to use this headset. How could hp miss such a huge compatibility issue.

HP Recommended

I have a the Asus ROG S B550-I Gaming motherboard with a 2080 SUPER and AMD 3900XT processor. I have the same 7-14 error. I have been able to get it to work if I unplug my monitor then plug in the headset into the back IO USBC. I just wait like 5 minutes and plug the monitor back in and it connects/ I can't get the headset sound or mic to work with this method though. I often also get an error saying "windows does not recognize this device" when it is making that initial connection. 

Really bummed out. I can't find a fix that works and really don't want to but an external hub and I have no room for a PCIE hub because of my small form factor case.

HP Recommended

Hi @tobyax, Tshobes, YaBoi2

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Hello, sorry if this paragraph comes across rough, but here goes.

I understand that this is a preset response to give to any problems on this forum, but it is pretty disappointing considering that you can't even access a support number/email for the reverb G2 in Australia from the link you've provided.  To add to this, the User Guide you supplied has absolutely no connection to the USB issues we are experiencing as this is not a flash drive we are talking about, it is a VR headset, and the issue we are having is a very particular issue with AMD chipsets. I have already tried to find a way to contact HP regarding issues with this headset and there was literally no way, so unless you are able to give me a direct link/email to contact in regard to this particular issue, then I'm afraid this was no help to me.

I cannot believe that there isn't a support contact for this device but I couldn't find one, and I searched for an hour straight.

I'm 100% sure this is not an issue that can just be fixed by reinstalling some drivers and turning the computer on and off. This is a widespread issue that HP really needs to attend to.

HP Recommended

It's a huge bummer the lack of support I have gotten from HP. At least some news that they are working on a software update or trying to work with AMD/MOTHERBOARD manufacturers to develop better chipset drivers or something.

But I was able to fix the issue on my ASUS B550 I gaming motherboard with an external USB 3.0 hub and forcing the motherboard to use PCIE 3 express lanes rather than 4. It really seems like there is an issue with the USB power delivery. 

What I did was use an anker USB 3.0 hub. You don't even need to have a usb hub with a separate power supply. I had some issues sometimes with extra peripherals but as soon as I plugged them into the hub they worked fine. Sometimes when the hub was acting strange, and the headset stopped working, I would just plug my keyboard and mouse into it. For some reason that would fix it.

I am pretty sure the headphones and mic suffer from this method though. The speakers really don't sound that good (contrary to reviews that say they're great) and my computer recognizes them as USB 2.0 audio. I just removed them and I am using my SONY bluetooth headphones or the TV speakers. 

I'm sad it's not easy and that the tracking isn't as good as my friends oculus but it does look amazing and I'm glad I can finally play VR. I don't think I would buy it again or recommend it but I think fixing it is better than returning.

HP Recommended

I have x570 and got the same issue as you're. So far no helpful response from HP to be honest it's more than several months.
I would like to know at least if it's a chipset issue and why or basically any  outcome of investigation why this issue persists. 

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi@tobyax, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps:-

Windows Mixed Reality portal presents Error Code 7-14 during launch or use. This issue can occur when USB devices in the headset are not found or properly enumerated, and can be the result of host system USB implementation.

1. Update the host system Chipset and USB Controller drivers and firmware.

2. Check Windows Update and complete any available updates to ensure the HoloLens and Reverb G2 Drivers are up to date.

3. Try different USB-C and USB-A 3.0 ports (using the USB-A to USB-C adapter that was provided with Reverb G2). Begin with ports that are integrated into the host system board, then proceed to ports on USB Add-in Cards and Graphics Cards.

4. Try plugging the headset in through an external USB Hub (if they have one).

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.