Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Case Subject: Hello! I'm Cori. I am currently looking to upgrade my graphics card. Right now, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, but I would like to upgrade to an RTX 2060. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2060/ But I don't know if it's compatible with my Phoenix 810-310qe motherboard. Does anybody know?

I know my PSU is good, so don't worry about that. I talked to someone at NVIDIA anout it, they said my motherboard should be able to accommodate it. But they mentioned that I could get it "cross checked" with HP? How do I do that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Coco002

A 2060 RTX should be fine, but you need to make sure of two things.

1. That is is enough room to fit the size of the card to the area of the mini case if you have two expansion slots on the back of the case available.

2. You need at least a 500w Power Supply with an 8 pin connector. If your psu does not have an 8 pin, you will have to replace it with another ATX PSU. Yours came with a 500w psu, but I dont know if it has the connector. You will have to look it.

Is that what you needed to know?

HP Recommended

Sorta. I already had a NVIDIA tech take a look at my PSU and he said that should work.

Still trying to get in touch with HP so they can do a cross check. I've sent them a request to call me, but nothing yet.

HP Recommended

Well, Ill put it this way as far as the motherboard goes... If your system can run a GTX 1000 series like the 1050, it will run a RTX 2000 series also.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.