Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I recently purchased a HP reverb G2 and was told it was the V2 but I am unsure it actually is. The cord that connects it from the desktop to the headset is the v2 but I believe the headset is still the v1 as it did not include the extra removeable gasket. Is there a way to check the headset somewhere to confirm whether it is the v1 or v2?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Law_son,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are looking to know the Version of the HP Reverb G2 Headset.

I have a few recommendations 

• HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset is the latest version compared to HP Reverb G1 HMD.
  • To minimize the possibility of experiencing discomfort using a VR application, ensure that the PC system is equipped with the appropriate graphics and CPU for the VR application.
  • Click on the link for HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset Specifications

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

You are not answering the question correctly. The question was not on how to see the difference (in the serial number) on the HP Reverb G1 and G2. The question was about HP Reverb G2 v.1 and the newer HP Reverb G2 v.2.

The two products have the same name "HP Reverb G2" though they are different. There is no way to tell by the package name what you are getting.

So HP simply tell us consumers... how do we make sure that we are ordering the HP Reverb  G2 v2. when we are making the order. Is there a way to tell by the EAN number, the serial number or something else?!

Note, that we consumers need to know the way to identify this BEFORE we order the product.

HP Recommended

I just got my G2 today and it doesn't have the second faceplate piece, making me wonder the exact same thing as the original poster. How do I know I got the right product?

Your website stated that ordering from the HP store would ensure we get the G2 version 2. 

Nevermind, I didn't look close enough. I found the spacer and believe I got the correct unit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.