Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
H120 Gaming Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im having trouble with a recently purchased headset. It seems I simply cannot get it to work with my laptop, ( Both 3.5mm audio and mic jack is properly connected, even took it out and reconnected to no avail. ) My laptop simply cannot detect the said headphones. I googled up solutions all requiring me to enter device manager but the headset is not even being detected by the laptop. My laptop is fine as it can detect other devices, only specifically the headset. Before you tell me to check sound or device settings, the problem is that i simply cant get my headset detected at all by my computer, meaning it is not a detectable device. And as I may sound repetitive, but its not my laptop's problem as any other device is properly functioning and detected on my laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anon20

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Have you tried connecting this Headset on different devices or computer? If no, please check this device on other PC or notebook.

While you respond to that, let's try this workaround:

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option:

1.Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon 

2. Click on the small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' checkbox.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.