cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sip_of_Mercury
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does the HP Omen 15-ce0xx support external graphics?

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Omen 15-ce0xx has USB 3.1, which is thunderbolt. I'm unsure if it supports external graphics, which it currently doesn't seem like it does.

I recently purchased a Razer Core X and an Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB GPU for it, and the fans spin up, the computer recognizes when it's plugged in, and when looking through the device manager, the Core X is listed under usb devices, so it's definitely recognized. I downloaded the most recent nvidia geforce driver (complete reinstallation of the 10 series driver as well as geforce experience).

If anyone has a clear answer, that'd be great. Thank you! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can give you a clear answer if you can give me your speciific model or product number of your Omen.

The 15-c0xx series has USB-C, but its not Thunderbolt.

The 15-c1xx series has USB-C Thunderbolt.

USB-C has to be wired specifically for Thunderbolt, or it will not work to run an eGPU.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation