Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I have a Wireless x4000 mouse, when I plugin the HP Link 5 dongle it says the following: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".
Here are all the methods I have tried to fix the issue:
1. Uninstall device and restart PC
2. Changed battery USB suspend settings
3. Updating USB Root Hub drivers (I don't have the generic USB hub)
4. Installed HP Link 5 keyboard software to help install drivers
5. Control Panel Configure Hardware wasn't visible.
Would love it if you could help me out. Thank you!
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
ECHO_LAKE I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community