Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 600 Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a OMEN 600 mouse and I want to know how to do a factory reset to default settings?

Does anyone knows?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Username77826 

Holding the right and left mouse buttons for 3-4 seconds resets the mouse back to default settings for both DPI and LOD.

"Unless" you have installed the latest firmware update which stops that functionality because gamers complained it was messing up game play with the needed both buttons held for game play. Then it cannot be reset that I know of.

HP Recommended

Hello @Photoray002

Oh, that's indeed f/w.

Thanks, but, yepp, I've installed these f/w update. Is there any method to revert it?

@Riddle_Decipher you sent me a PM to offer some help. Ok, that's the case where I need your help. Maybe you know something more.

HP Recommended

OK then, If he does come up with a file to revert the update, would you let me know what it is here?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@

HP Recommended

OK then, if you do get an answer, let us know here also. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Issue still exist. May I have an HP Support Agent answer to this, please?

HP Recommended

@Username77826 I went through the details and normally, a reset of DPI is an option, however, resetting the mouse back to factory defaults or to revert a firmware upgrade to an earlier version, is not an option currently available via HP, and I suggest the same thing I had advised the person on that other post you've shared with the expert:

I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.