Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 1100 Gaming Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am a proud owner of an HP Omen 1100, I love this keyboard, the sound of the keys sound nice with my headphones on, I've had it for around half a year, no real accidents I can remember, a few sneezes by a cat that I've cleaned to the best of my ability, some hair that gets cleaned up cause I have a lot of it, but recently while I'm playing games, the keys were having "input delays", as I call them, when I press the keys, it takes a short time before it responds in the game. Not too much, around half a second at most, but it's noticeable and very aggravating. Sometimes after it responds late, it keeps going for around a second at most. I don't know why it's doing this, I've checked the little app thing with the generic dubstep music that allows you to change the RGB settings, nothing there and I don't know what to do. Frankly, I don't want to have to buy a new keyboard because mechanical gaming keyboards can be expensive and this keyboard has been enjoyable. If anyone could help me, I'd love to take suggestions, Thank you.
                                   - Roland

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @MiamiMisfit 

Not sure I can help, but I will offer a suggestion.

Is it only in games that it happens or with general typing also?

You could try checking Windows filter keys.

In the Search bar, type Control Panel and hit Enter.

In the Control Panel Search, type Ease of Access and click on How your keyboard works.

ease of access.JPG

Then basically, make sure all the boxes are unchecked.

make keyboard easier to use.JPG

Scroll down to Keyboard settings and click on it.

A window will pop up.

Make sure the sliders are set all the way to the right for Short and Fast.

Click OK and exit.

keyboard settings.JPG

If that does not work, can you test the keyboard on another computer?

Or can you try another keyboard on the main computer with the issue?

What happens?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.