cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen 15-ce0xx RAM Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this Omen laptop about a year and a half ago and I finally decided it's about time to get RAM upgrade. I want 16 GB's of RAM on my laptop I currently have 8 GB's. Should I buy two new 8 GB's sticks or should I just buy 1 more 8 GB stick and add it to my current laptop. I heard if I have 2 different GB sticks it would mess with the voltage and stuff. Also can I get a link to the sticks I should buy whether its the 2 8 GB's or the single 8 GB stick.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,385 86,267 10,969 23,566
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TubyI 

What is your HP Omen 15-ce0xx  ? For existing 8GB, does it have 8GB on one slot or it has 2 x 4GB ?

(a) If 8GB on one slot: you can simply add SAME exiting 8GB to slot 2 or using the following compatible RAM

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct8g4sfs824a/ct12175939

(b) If existing RAM is 2x4GB, you can upgrade to 16GB using the following compatible RAM

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4sfs824a/ct12175917

Regards.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to  I check whether I have a 2 x 4 GB or a single 8 GB. Also for both links that you sent those are compatible with my current laptop model? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation