Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I aksed the same question about 6 months ago but here it is again...

When will there be support for the Lenovo thinkpad carbon x1? ??

I really want to buy it but there is still nog support to use the Hp omen accelerator!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It depends on the setup of your laptop.  I have an HP x360 - 13 - ac023dx which has USB-c and is configured for Thunderbolt 3 directly to the motherboard.  The HP Omen Accelerator works great with a 1070 card.

My work computers are all Lenovo.  My older Lenovo X1 carbon had a USB-c connector but it was NOT a Thunderbolt 3 (90GPbs) connection so it would not function with the Accelerator.  My newer X1 (got it in December) works fine.  I don't game on it but I can connect it to my accelerator to drive my gaming monitor at home.    

Laptop: HP Spectre x360-13-ac0223 dx
eGPU: HP Omen Accelerator GA1- 10
GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG279Q 27" G-Sync 2560x1440
HP Recommended

So just to be clear your newer x1 (6e gen) works just fine with the hp omen accelerator with an external gpu? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.