Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HP Reverb G2 VR Headset does not light up when pc is turned on. Does this mean that my VR headset is dead?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mobanton

Welcome to the HP support community.

Sometimes during the resume process, the video card cannot establish a connection, so unplugging the USB Type-C from your PC and plugging it back may help to establish a connection. If the headset still has trouble waking up, reboot the system. If the issue persists, try using a different USB port.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know who it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For me the light only goes on for the front usb or on my pcie extension card. The other usbs error out an don't light up the headset

HP Recommended

@mrLoma

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

This issue may be fixed by unplugging and plugging the headset cables from the PC (making sure they are fully seated), or rebooting. If the issue persists, please make sure that system drivers are up to date.

• Make sure that the most recent drivers are installed for the headset and USB controller.
  • Make sure that the Microsoft USB driver is used. There should be the word 'Microsoft' in the name of the "eXtensible Host Controller" device. See example below: The list of devices in Device Manager
  • Try plugging the cable into a different USB-3.0 port on your computer. (Try all USB Type-C and Type-A ports)
  • Use the included USB-C to A adapter to try different ports.
  • Try plugging the headset in through a USB Hub to the computer.
    NOTE: HP recommends using only USB controllers built into the motherboard with Reverb G2 devices. If you are unable to connect your device after check all the available ports, please contact HP Support.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.