Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Mine worked through a hub for a week after I got the G2. Started getting the 4-1 error yesterday.  Tried direct into several USB3 ports but still not working. It comes and goes for others so I hope it continues to work for you but I suspect the hub wasn't a cure.

HP Recommended

also I have the same problem

hi
I have just bought my reverb G2 and since 5 days I am trying to solve the error 1-4 and I failed
I updated Windows
I uninstalled many things and then reinstalled it all such as mixed reality portal and the hp reverb app
I updated the graphic carda Intel I7-9750 cpu@2.6 GHz ,2592 mhz ,6 cores
and also updated the nvida Geforce rtx 2070
I have three usb typ a with super speed ss I tried all of them using the adapter c type to a type which came inside the box 
I have a c type port for graphic card and I am using adapter to change the display port to type c 
and I have a Hdmi port which is useless in the reverb g2 hp
I can see the headset in device manager but not under the monitor
the main logo Hp never lighted up .
keep giving me the same error 1-4 please check your cables
the main cable which is going to headset i am more than sure its plugged properl

also the hp logo on the headset never illuminated ( do you have same problem)

would be highly appreciated if somebody can help me in this issue . it took too much time with me . I pre ordered it since September and so frustrated

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but my headset never worked properly 

hi
I have just bought my reverb G2 and since 5 days I am trying to solve the error 1-4 and I failed
I updated Windows
I uninstalled many things and then reinstalled it all such as mixed reality portal and the hp reverb app
I updated the graphic carda Intel I7-9750 cpu@2.6 GHz ,2592 mhz ,6 cores
and also updated the nvida Geforce rtx 2070
I have three usb typ a with super speed ss I tried all of them using the adapter c type to a type which came inside the box 
I have a c type port for graphic card and I am using adapter to change the display port to type c 
and I have a Hdmi port which is useless in the reverb g2 hp
I can see the headset in device manager but not under the monitor
the main logo Hp never illuminated 
keep giving me the same error 1-4 please check your cables
the main cable which is going to headset i am more than sure its plugged properly

• 20210101_230802.jpg20210101_230813.jpg

   

would be highly appreciated if somebody would help me .  it took too much time with me . I pre ordered it since September and so frustrated

HP Recommended

RMA the headset, it's faulty, either the headset or the cable.

HP Recommended

yes I think so

I am going to try it on another laptop/ desktop 

if it failed .I am going to send it back to the company 

the only problem I will have that I am living outside USA.  and the process to send it back is complicated 

thanks for.your reply which is appreciated 

HP Recommended

Hi,

i also had that error code 1-4.  I tried like everything i could think of or other people thought of, nothing worked.

The solution was to change something in the USB setting in the UEFI / BIOS.

I found a USB setting called "Super Speed Optimization" or something like that. It was set to "auto", i changed it to "enabled" and that resolved the issue! The mainboard is a MSI B150M but i think there are similar setting with other boards.
If you are searching your USB setting in UEFI just look for USB settings that are used to power up/down your usb ports or mess with some kind of optimization or power saving. Prevent switching USB from one mode to another. I think this could resolve most 1-4 errors.
There was no problem with the cable.  Two times i was very close to RMA this thing. Now it works flawlessly.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

would like to thank you first very much for your cooperation and kindness 

I will try the way you mentioned 

even I tried to ente bios before I never saw the function you mentioned . but I will give it a try and let you know 

many thank 🙏 

HP Recommended

After some hourse of gaming unfortunately the error seems to be back. Also using a powered USB hub does not solve it. I am quite disappointed - again.

HP Recommended

I'm also still trying to get mine back to working order and looking for clues. 

Are you getting a 1-4 or a 4-1 error?

Is this error from the WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) start-up screen?

Do you recall if you've ever let your PC go into sleep mode or automatic shut down from non-activity while the headset was active?

If you uninstall WMR and then reinstall it, do you get any USB errors or warnings when it goes through the process of checking the specs on your computer at the beginning of the process?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

its 1-4 error 

my laptop specs shows it meets the requirements. 

I tried the Vr on my frienda desktop and it worked well. 

I have now only one doubt of adapter type c to display port . I think the problem is there . I ordered new adapters ( Microsoft one ) and I am waiting it . this would be my last  chance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.