Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having multiple issues with my HP reverb G2 VR headset.

I think the video cable is loose as it keeps blacking out when I put the headset on the majority of the time. This happens when going into the mixed reality portal and in games. I don't think its a graphics issue but I have them aswell. I'm running a 2070 so should be able to run at full res but most games I can only run at half and still don't get 90fps. It also crashes steamVR quite often which is probably a software issue.

My system should handle it no problem according to the specs.

HP, please help. I am within the warranty having only had the headset a few days. I believe I need a replacement due to the cable issue. I have also had a gfx problem where it looks like there are stars against a black background. 

Many problems but its still a great headset in terms of clarity. If it weren't for the cable issue and the stars I could put up with the other problems.

My pc specs

I5 7600K oc to 5ghz

16gig ddr4 ram 3200

Plenty of ssd space - 1tb 970 plus Samsung nvme has most games on.

RTX2070 8gb

600w psu - might be a bit weak but its within spec for the 2070

Please help, I have so many games I can't run right now.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gus3356

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried exactly what you have suggested to do KrazyToad. I know you're trying to be helpful  Mr.Toad but your HP website doesn't even recognize my serial number. It just says it has no record of it and to just wait and try again later. I'd even be happy to wait on hold for 5 hours to talk to someone. A phone number without having to enter an unrecognized serial number would be great. 

HP Recommended

The serial number is not the one with the cable, but the small number with barcode on the box.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, couldn't find the correct serial number. It's not the one on the inside box, its the one on the shipping box.

I have contacted HP and they said they have no stock so I should go back to the reseller first. Is a shame as I was planning on using the headset over Christmas. Don't know when they'll be back in stock with HP or the reseller - systemactive UK.

KrazyToad do you know when they'll be back in stock for HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.