Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think being on an aging motherboard is biting me on the proverbial and wanted to report somewhere the issue.

When plugging the Reverb G2 into my computer it is not showing on the device manager at all (Not even a Hololens listing), it's most likely because I'm using a computer with an Asus X79-Deluxe motherboard* which has an ASMedia ASM1042 controller for the USB ports. The power box for the Reverb G2 has an active white light on it so I don't think it's an issue with the cable.

* https://origin-www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/specifications/

I also have an Inateck USB board which is also letting me down - 5-Porb USB 3.0 PCI-E Card KTU3FR-5O2I - for which I've tried updating the drivers to no avail.

https://www.inateck.com/support-downpage?country_code=com

Version information:

Windows 10 - Updated to version 20H2.

ASmedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) - (I noticed a month old Reddit post saying there was an issue with 0.96 but I'm having issues trusting websites offering driver downloads).

WMR system info:

HelpMePls.png

I guess I might need to consider a new motherboard/CPU combo, pity as they'd served me well during the last 9 years.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

similar problem on Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS, Mixed Reality Portal said OK

At first, the Reverb G2 has been seen and windows said  "ok on USB 3.0"

But after that, never shows up again. I didn't have a chance to have a look in it.

windows is updated and I got an error with "asmedia usb3.0 extensible host controller"

I checked other USB ports, restarts, ...

edit : eventually, I found the solution with this driver

Asmedia_USB3_ASM104x_1.16.26.1.zip

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, the light is on the breakout box but windows is not detecting the headset at all. I'm reading in a lot of forums that the X570 boards are having this problem. 

Aorus X570i wifi

AMD Ryzen 3700X

Sapphire Radeon RX5700

HP Recommended

Same problem, but let me assure you - this is NOT an AMD issue.  I am on Intel platform the headset is simply dead.  Many others on Intel based MOBOs are having this same issue.

HP Recommended

Same issue with my high end MSI MEG Unify X570.

All known checks and options/workaround tested so far without any success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.