Did you mean: 
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Reverb G2

HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting "7-14" errors trying to get an HP Reverb G2 running with an Asus TUF FA506 IV notebook (Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060, 32GB DDR4, USB C to DVI adapter (computer supports this over its single USB C port). Headset USB C connected to USB A using the supplied adapter.

Windows, drivers, BIOS are all up to date and I've tried all the posted troubleshooting tips (restarting, deleting and reinstalling software, re-plugging headset, different USB ports for the headset USB connection etc) I'm using the power adapter with the cable

I did check the headset driver and found the very confusing message:

"This device is working properly.

Device Error : 0x8004020E : E_DEVICE_MISSING_PRESENCE"

Need help!

6 REPLIES 6
Level 2
14 12 1 1
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, welcome to the club.

I'm in a similar situation as you are, in my case I'm at 4-1 because "usb speed too slow" in device manager. Here is my message

This device is working properly.

Device Error : 0x80040203 : E_DEVICE_USB_SPEED_TOO_SLOW

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did some online research which indicated that this is a common problem with AMD-based systems and which suggested connecting the headset USB C through a powered USB 3 hub - and it worked!.  It may also work with a non-powered hub though I did not try it.   Let's hope that between HP and Microsoft they can figure out a fix so that a hub isn't needed long term (it's clear that the AMD USB port works fine)

Regardless of who's to blame, it's pretty clear from my research that HP didn't do extensive shakedown testing before product release.  I'll add that I had many other setup problems, some unresolved that I'm still working.  A very disappointing initial product experience so far. I also own a Quest 2 - that setup was simple, even fun...took less than 10 minutes.  I've spent frustrating hours on the Reverb - working at a level of depth that few consumers would tolerate - with more to go.

0 Kudos
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's just yesterday I received G2 and here I am having the same issue and still looking for a solution, someone said it's because the connection point in that type c pin is bend and missing that's why this USB issue is causing. I am not sure how much truth in it or is that pin meant to be like that because when I check mine then I also noticed the same what he said 

The middle pair on each side: There should be a complete row (no gaps) of 12 "fingers" (pins) hanging like the others on the top and bottom row. In the pics, he shows there's a burnt lower pair of pins, and the upper pair is missing/pushed up. The damage to those pins is practically impossible to do just by inserting/removing the connector.

here is the pic he posted of it https://imgur.com/0udVe46 https://imgur.com/mNP3ysl

Let me know if you guys found any solution because here in India the HP Support guys don't even try to help me and always redirecting me to the service center or forward me to another department which simply didn't connect and the call get disconnect, Also the service center number they provide which is far away from my city and when I called them they want to me to personally bring the product to them instead of shipping via courier and even more they still not sure whether they can help me this VR product or not because they simply don't have any idea about any such VR Product yet, I am really regretting my decision to buy HP product now but from now on I will make sure on every social media platform and personally on my Twitter to aware people about how HP company treat their consumers and this is total harassment from a such big brand 

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's not your connector, It's a USB implementation issue by HP/Microsoft.  Try a USB hub as suggested in my earlier answer above.

0 Kudos
Level 2
14 12 1 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello CarGuy.

I hear online that people with AMD boards with newer BIOS versions have had success downgrading their BIOS to an older version because of different AGESA version. Otherwise you might need to test on a different PC to be able to escalate the issue to your motherboard manufacturer.

In my specific case, If it's an USB implementation issue, why am I having this 4-1 and 4-4 issues with 1: intel xHCI usb 3.0 root hub, 2: usb 3.0 hub on my Dell S3220DGF, 3: NEC/Renesas uPD720202 PCI-E USB 3.0 card (with extra power connector hooked up) 4: ASMedia ASM3242 USB3.2Gen2 Type C, 5: Fresco Logic FL1000 (Inateck) PCI-E USB 3.0 card.

HP says I have a bad cable, promised a new one, but no ETA for it. I will laugh very hard if it does not work after the new cable.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Reverb G2 worked 1 one day, after that, I have the same problem like mentioned here.

My system:

Intel Core i9-9900k

RTX 3080
I tried with and without USB-hubs, installed a new USB-C Controller, connected on USB 3, 3.1 ... All the same, no change ... Doesn't work. HP Support is rubbish, no help at all

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation