Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am unable to register and claim warranty for a HP Wireless Mouse X200 (6VY95AA) that I purchased in Jan 2022. I tried registering but the Serial Number is not being identified and I am unable to proceed any further. There is no guide to identify the actual S/N on site and it is very unfortunate that we do not have a direct option to speak to HP support representative for any help required, 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AYUSHI13,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Hp wireless mouse. I'd like to help!

Please follow the steps mentioned below. 

Check the power and connection status (mouse with a wireless USB receiver)

Check a wireless mouse for power and connection issues if it uses a USB receiver that plugs into a port or is built into the computer.

Look for and remove any packaging tabs from the mouse. Tabs prevent the device from receiving power.

Removing packaging tab from the mouse

If your mouse has an On/Off switch, make sure it is set to On.

Turning on the mouse

If the mouse does not turn on, recharge the battery by connecting the charging cable to a power source, such as a USB charging port on the computer or an external USB power adapter. If the mouse uses replaceable batteries, install new ones.

Locate the USB receiver for the device. It may be inserted in a USB port on the computer, or in the original packaging. Some HP Touch and All-in-Ones come with the USB receiver preinstalled in the computer. Or look for a storage container for the receiver inside the mouse.

USB wireless receiver inside the mouse

Make sure the receiver is inserted in a USB port on the computer. A USB hub might not provide enough power for your device to connect properly.

Turn off any other wireless devices that you are not using, including Bluetooth devices.

Move the mouse closer to the wireless receiver, usually within 30 cm (1 ft).

Make sure there are no objects between the mouse and the wireless receiver. Objects such as TVs, cordless phones, or speakers can weaken wireless signals.

Reset the USB receiver connection based on if it has a Connect button or not.

RECEIVERS WITHOUT A CONNECT BUTTON

USB wireless receivers without a connect button

Remove the receiver from the port, wait 10 seconds, and then reconnect it into another port on the computer.

RECEIVERS WITH A CONNECT BUTTON

USB wireless receiver with a connect button and LED activity light

Move the receiver to a different port on the computer, and then press and hold the Connect button until the light flashes. Within 60 seconds, press and hold the Connect button on the device until the light on the receiver stops flashing.

If the connection fails, try setting up the mouse with a different computer to determine if there is an issue with the port on the main computer.

Check the power and connection status (Bluetooth mouse)

Check a wireless mouse for connection and power issues if it uses Bluetooth to connect to the computer.

Look for and remove any packaging tabs from the mouse. Tabs prevent the device from receiving power.

Removing packaging tab from the mouse

If the mouse has an On/Off switch, make sure it is set to On.

Turning on the mouse

If the mouse does not turn on, recharge the battery by connecting the charging cable to a power source, such as a USB charging port on the computer or an external USB power adapter. If the mouse uses replaceable batteries, install new ones.

In Windows, search for and open Bluetooth and other devices settings.

Bluetooth settings in Windows

Make sure Bluetooth is set to On.

If the mouse is not listed, place it in discovery mode according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer, and then click Add Bluetooth or another device to pair it.

Refer to this document for the remaining steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.