Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP X1000 Wireless Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this headset for a few weeks now and have generally liked it; it's light weight, has a mute button on the headset, and has acceptable quality mic. However, a problem has arisen. It appears that the on headset mute function fails after about 20 minutes. This is also a recent development as it worked just fine a few days ago. 

I use Discord and often listen to others playing a game. I mute my mic with the button on the headset. In the past, this has been no problem; hours of being muted had no problem. However, now, I mute the mic with the button on the headset and after about 20 minutes, Discord is receiving input from my mic even though I haven't touched any buttons on the headset and the LED on the mic is still red as an indicator that the mic is supposed to be muted. I don't understand what is happening. Is there a fault in the headset? Do I need to return it? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @evytme,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.