Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I am planning on buying a VR headset and currently everything points to a HP Reverb G2. Today I saw this article: https://press.hp.com/us/en/blogs/2021/award-winning-hp-reverb-g2-vr-better.html and now I am asking myself how do I know if I buy the new or old version? Is there any visual difference? Obviously I am interested in the upgraded version. I don't live in the  US so I am not sure if the store I am buying it from already sells the new one. Is the packaging different?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@focused_morse,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Install and update the latest BIOS & video card drivers, once done, use the below steps: 

1. Open the controller's battery cover. 

2. Press and hold the pairing button. It is located below the batteries. 

3. Press and hold the Windows button for five seconds. 

4. Release both buttons simultaneously. The process of resetting should take about 15 seconds. 

5. Pair your motion controllers with your PC. 

Once done, try the below steps: 

1. Open the Mixed Reality Portal app on your PC. 

2. In the side menu click on see more. 

3. Select set up controllers. 

4. In the settings screen you now see, click add Bluetooth or other device. 

5. Open the battery door on your controllers. 

6. Press the small button below the batteries for 2 seconds until the lights flash. 

7. When the controllers appear in the list, click connect. 

Now, put on your headset and make sure that they're working and tracking OK. If you don't see them as in the image above, hold down the Windows button for two seconds until it vibrates to turn them off. 

Then repeat the process to turn them back on again and this should make them both appear in front of you. 

Once the controllers have paired over Bluetooth the lights on the ring will stop flashing and instead stay bright and steady. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.