Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion keyboard 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i play games and use W+A or W+D or W+S, Is there any driver to fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tony_07,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use the spacebar when using the two key combinations.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed the procedure, but I have the same problem.

When i play games, the combinations W+A  + spacebar or W+D + spacebar or W+S + spacebar, don't work .

I also tried an online test on this site http://keyboardchecker.com/ and confirmed the problem.

Best Regards

TONY_07

HP Recommended

@Tony_07

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's perform keyboard test steps in order to isolate the issue. 

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to complete functional test of the keyboard and identify any problems with the hardware.

NOTE: Bluetooth devices are not currently supported.
  1. Download the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

2. In Windows, search for and right-click HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, and then select Run as administrator.

Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows as an administrator

3. Click Component Tests, click Input Devices, and then select the Keyboard Test.

Running the Keyboard Test

4. Click Run once to begin the test.

The test ends when you complete the tasks or after 3 minutes.

For more information about using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, go to HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures.

• Note: HP does not recommend to use Third-party measuring apps or software as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.