Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 27f Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a current system with Intel base notebook computer, driving three HP 27er monitors via a Startech MST device.  The MST has a mini DP input and three HDMI outputs.  I wanted to upgrade a bit so I purchased two HP 27f monitors.  When I attach the new monitors, they are not recognized by my computer if the MST is present.  My computer does recognize the monitor (one at a time) if I connect directly between the computer and monitor using an HDMI cable.   I tried both new monitors with the same results.  What is the difference between the HP 27er and the HP 27f that will cause this issue.  I would like to be able to use the newer monitors and hopefully have less flicker.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I found that it is necessary to disable the HP 27f monitor's "auto-select" functionality.  Somehow this was keeping the monitor from waking up when connected to the Startech MST.

I have three HP 27er monitors that will not go to sleep when connected to the Startech MST device.  I have communicated with Intel about the problem.  I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the Intel HD4800 GPU and for the HP monitors and I have tested all sorts of settings on the monitor.  I have also purchased a j5create device that uses the computers USB 3.0 output to drive two HDMI monitors and the monitors still never sleep.  The monitors on screen display acknowledges that input signal has been lost and it indicates that the monitors are going to sleep, but they never do.  About five seconds later, the monitor's backlights light up and the on screen display again acknowledges the loss of input signal and says the monitor is going to sleep......never does fully go to sleep, but instead enters a sort-of "zombie" state for another five seconds........the cycle keeps repeating, thusly.

Note that the HP 27er monitors behave properly when connected directly to the computer's HDMI output port and when connected to the computer's miniDP port, using an miniDP to HDMI adapter.

I have not been able to solve this problem......but my workaround is to use newer HP 27f monitors.  These do not have the problem of never sleeping..........there is some subtle difference between my two monitor models.

HP Recommended

Hi @spot8ball,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Needs to checked to take remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.