Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X by HP Mindframe Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having many issues with Omen Mindframe headset.

Very regularly when I try to use the headset, even though the software recognises the headset (zoom, discord, whatsapp, ClassIn, skype - all the same) It won't work. Sometimes voice doesn't work, sometimes audio, sometimes both. There doesn't seem to be any clear way of resolving the issue other than plugging the headset in and out multiple times / restarting the whole computer. Even that sometimes doesn't fix the problem.
Also when I exit out of one software (for example leaving a zoom call), I lose the ability to use audio anywhere on my computer and again have to restart the system / plug the headset in and out.

When this problem occurs, I am even unable to turn my computer off whilst the headset is plugged in! The computer attempts to shut down, gets halfway and just sort of freezes.... as soon as I unplug the headset the computer can finish turning off / restarting.

In an  attempt to resolve this issue I have tried:

- updating audio drivers.
- updating / reinstalling the omen command centre.
- updating windows.

- Using different usb ports.
None of which have resolved the issue.

I have tried using the headset on a different computer and it seems to work fine, plug in and go. I haven't done extensive stress testing on a different computer but it seems to be fine.

Please advise on how to resolve this issue 🙂

Best,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @el_rio 

I have that headset and have never had any issues with it.

What PC is the issue on? Omen PC or another brand? what is it?

I would try this, might help, might not.

Go to the Device Manager and with the headset disconnected, go to View and select Show Hidden devices.

Then go to the Audio section and uninstall any greyed out device you see. Do this for Universal Serial Bus Controllers also. Its safe to remove all of the hidden devices.

Hidden USB devices.JPG

Reboot the PC and then plug the headset in.

Next, go to the systems Sound Properties. right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right tool tray in windows.

Click on Open Volume Mixer.

Click on the icon for the Mindframe headset.

mindframe device.JPG

A new box will open. Select the Advanced Tab.

Uncheck the box for Allow other devices to take exclusive control.

sound properties.JPG

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure whats on your system causing an issue.

You could try Windows troubleshooter and see if it finds anything.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion @photoray002. I will give that a go and report back 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.