Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset

The headset had been working perfectly, nothing had changed, now within about 5 minutes of use the left lens will go black for a few seconds, come back on, and the the right will do this. This happens for a couple of minutes and then both lenses go black and remain that way until the next use.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Piper5299X,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset.

Install and update the latest BIOS & video card drivers, once done, use the below steps: 

Open the controller's battery cover. 

Press and hold the pairing button. It is located below the batteries. 

Press and hold the Windows button for five seconds. 

Release both buttons simultaneously. The process of resetting should take about 15 seconds. 

Pair your motion controllers with your PC. 

Once done, try the below steps: 

Open the Mixed Reality Portal app on your PC. 

In the side menu click on see more. 

Select set up controllers. 

In the settings screen you now see, click add Bluetooth or other device. 

Open the battery door on your controllers. 

Press the small button below the batteries for 2 seconds until the lights flash. 

When the controllers appear in the list, click connect. 

Now, put on your headset and make sure that they're working and tracking OK. If you don't see them as in the image above, hold down the Windows button for two seconds until it vibrates to turn them off. 

Then repeat the process to turn them back on again and this should make them both appear in front of you. 

Once the controllers have paired over Bluetooth the lights on the ring will stop flashing and instead stay bright and steady.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Is there a language barrier here? I mentioned nothing about the motion controller's having an issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @Piper5299X,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion.

However, is your PC/Laptop BIOS, graphic drivers up to date.

Have you tried replacing the headset cable?

Please click on the below link to troubleshoot and let me know if that resolves the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKjEYJm1tE

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

BIOS and GPU is up to date. I just tried a new cable, and the issue remains.

HP Recommended

Hi @Piper5299X,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

The support here is limited as you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to assist you further.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.