Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 27" monitor 165hz
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

monitor on screen UI shows an F next to main menu that wasnt there before, OC mode unable to be toggled. instead of normal restart when attempting to turn on OC , the monitor defaults to the "burn in" screen cycling and defaults fo factory mode. max fefresh rate is 144 hz.

checked BIOS: all good

checked cables, all good. 
checked and reinstalled ALL drivers for monitor,  and GPU (geforce gtx 1060 6GB)  device maniger on windows and in nvidia software no longer show the 165hz option. G-Sync functions properly. 
checked entire PC for software/ hardware changes: (none): all good

unable to find online solutions to fix this monitor. getting very pissed., having tried EVERY solution (besides warranty voiding type despite never owning this monitor before the warranty cycle ended (also very irritating))

do not ask me to reinstall drivers, AGAIN. this problem is not something that is able to be fixed without developer/level (unknown to me, and not listed in user manual) access to the monitor's firmware (ie. pressing and holding certain buttuns to enter a debug mode etc.)

Capture+_2019-04-21-19-59-50.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@gcnghnxf
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would not like to have anyone remote onto my computer. I am perfectly capable of fixing the issue myself with the proper informatiom provided. The information i seek does not appear to exist online/ in public forum. Other manufacturers such as ASUS have such debug mode access instructions available online for those seeking to fix their products.   

As i have explained, it is not a problem with anything in my computer, but one with the monitor itself, which has its own software/firmware separate and functions separately from my pc. , and which is not accessable via internet.  

I fail to see any issue with providing debug information to costomers in open forum. 

Please provide those instructions.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@gcnghnxf
apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Try to access and make adjustments in the OSD using the buttons on the rear of the monitor. To access the OSD and make adjustments, do the following:

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.

2. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the rear of the monitor.

3. To navigate through the OSD menu, press the Plus button on the rear of the monitor to scroll up, or the Minus button to scroll down.

4. To select an item from the OSD menu, use the Plus or Minus buttons to scroll to and highlight your selection, then press the OK button to select that function.
(note: select factory default settings to restore display factory settings)

5. Adjust the item using the Plus or Minus buttons to adjust the scale.

6. After adjusting the function, select OK to save the setting, and then select Exit from the Main menu.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've completed those steps, but, to no avail. I've recently contacted hp support by phone, and a resonable solution has been come up with. BUT since ill be keeping the monitor, i still am interested in figureing out how to fix this. The problem has been determined as an internal (to the monitor) either hardware or firmware problem

There is a data port on the back, next to the display port, labeled service use only.  I would like to know what kind of cable that is, because i assume that, the reason that particular data port exists is to fix, or make changes or diagnose the very problem im experienceing.

HP Recommended

@gcnghnxf
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest diagnosing the computer from the local store will give you a clear picture, this should help.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.