Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I've currently got the 1050ti model of the OMEN by HP 15 Laptop (15-ce0xx). 

I'm looking at upgrading a little, because although the GPU is OK, it isn't perfect. I spotted the OMEN accelerator and wanted to know whether it is compatible with my device. From the HP website, one of the stated PCs it can work with is: "OMEN by HP 15 Laptop (supported on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 configurations of models 15-ce0xx)" (https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/omenaccelerator/overview.html -- at the bottom). Not really sure if this applies to the 1050ti model, or only the 1060 models and above. Any ideas?

If it is, anyone got suggestions on what GPU to invest in? GTX 1660Ti? 1080? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AyTeeTee There are only a few things you need to ensure you've got to get the Omen Accelerator, and here's what you need to know:

If the host computer is not an HP device, contact the service provider to confirm the compatibility of Thunderbolt 3 and external graphics support.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

The above information will help me get the precise details about the compatibility of your HP device with the Omen Accelerator,

Meanwhile, here's the generic information:

Compatible host PCs

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (models 13-ac0xx, 15-bl0xx, 15-bl1xx)

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop (supported on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 configurations of models 15-ce0xx)

OMEN by HP 17 Laptop (supported on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or GeForce GTX 1070 configurations of models 17-an0xx)

OMEN X by HP 17 Laptop PC (models 17-ap0xx)

HP ENVY 27 All-in-One PC (models 27-b1xx)

HP ENVY 34 Curved All-in-One PC (models 34-b0xx)

1. Compatible with Windows®-based PCs with Thunderbolt™ 3 port.

2. Graphics cards sold separately. 3rd party cards with enhanced coolers (i.e. 3-fan designs or liquid cooled designs) may not fit.

For more details: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is this compatible with hp omen 15 dc series? mine has a 1050ti too

HP Recommended

Bump curious about 15- compatibility as well. Hoped for the best but mine doesn’t even see anything from the thunderbolt port

HP Recommended

@jermacalocas
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the exact issue with the HP omen accelerator? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My product number is 15-dc1057nr 

the issue im having is the omen will activate the fan on the graphics card. When plugged in through the thunderbolt 3 cable nothing happens, no ding of new hardware, nothing popping up in the thunderbolt software window. I have come to the conclusion that I am one of the unlucky ones who has one with usb c (10gb'sec) not a model with thunderbolt 3 (40gb'sec).  

now if i am wrong and we can get it to work i will gladly keep the omen accelerator, but many different attempts from many forums have all come back with nothing appearing. The port works because when i plug my phone into it, it pops up on the laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.