Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 1100 keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Hope you are doing good during this situation we are living in at the moment. 

As I am working form home at the moment like many of us are , I have started using my HP Omen setup for this and have created a separate profile in Windows without admin rights to work from. I use the Omen 1100 keyboard and have created a custom key layout in the 1100 program which works when gaming mode is enabled by pressing FN + Omen key. 

In my own private Windows profile the gaming mode of the keyboard works great since I use it for the last 2 years and still does without any issues, just wished gaming mode is enabled by default when logging in to Windows.

Now in the work profile their is something weird going on, gaming mode is randomly turning off constantly, this is seriously completely random, it can be enabled and turned off in 30 seconds, 2 min, 5min even up to 20min even when I just used a custom key and hit the next custom key it can be disabled, but the program shows still as on but need to press FN+Omen key to enabled it again. This is so annoying me as the original keys do the weirdest things in Microsoft Teams and Chrome for example. 

I tried everything what I could think off to resolve this issue,

• re-installed the keyboard software.
  • re-installed the driver.
  • re-installed the Omen related software.
  • Created new profiles in the Omen 1100 software.
  • Removed the Omen 1100 software, the gaming mode can still be enabled and disabled, gaming mode on/off seems to work without the software.
  • Checked event viewer in Windows but cant find anything related to the keyboard.

So my question to you people is. In which log in Windows can I see what process or whatever switched off gaming mode or advice me what program can I use to log this event? Before I will check out if the keyboard is really as strong as it looks/feels the next time gaming mode is being switched off randomly.

Thanks for reading and stay safe!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tattoo-TL

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.