Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 25
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this display from newegg, and it works fine most of the time, but I get flickers from time to time. Things like the upper half of the screen flickering on the lower half. It doesn't do that on my laptop's screen, which I use to display content on this screen.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dictorclef

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, the upper half of the screen flickers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried connecting the display to another TV or laptop? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Have you tried using another cable to connect to the PC?

While you respond to that, I would suggest you try connecting the monitor to a different computer and check if it flickers,

To change the screen resolution and refresh rate settings in Windows, do the following:

• Right-click the desktop and click Display settings.
  • Under Customize your display, at the bottom, click Advanced display settings.
  • Under Related settings, click Display adapter properties.
  • Select the Monitor tab.
  • Under Screen refresh rate, select another refresh rate if available.
  • Click OK to save the changes

You could also refer this article to further troubleshoot display quality issues.

Once I have the rest of the information, I'll help you further,

Let me know,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I got it refurbished a week ago. It never really worked perfectly. I tested it with another laptop, which I think doesn't support 1080p@144hz, so I couldn't test properly, although at 1080p@120hz, the screen turned black every few seconds. I tested with another HDMI card but it didn't fix the artifacts appearing. Those artifacts don't appear on another screen with the same computer.

@Flower_Bud
HP Recommended

@dictorclef

Thanks for keeping us posted

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

This seems to be a Hardware problem. I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.