Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-02-2019 05:30 AM
the right hand side of the headset has stoped working and is extremely quite compaired to the left hand side. I have only had this headset for around two month and the problem occured randomly.
02-03-2019 08:57 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums!
I understand that there are issues with the Omen headset sound which play in one ear. It will be a delight to assist you. 🙂
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details.
- Do you hear sound correctly from the speakers?
- Have you tried multiple headsets to isolate the issue to the headset port to the current headphone that you are using?
- Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.
For now please try these steps. We need to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related.
- Please check with a different headset by connecting it to the audio port.
- Please check if the speakers work correctly. If the speakers work correctly the audio port on the computer may be faulty.
- If the speakers work correctly and a different headset does not work, please try all the prescribed steps from this link http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149
If it still does not work, please try these steps:
Right click on the “Volume icon” on the bottom right corner.
b) Select “Recording devices”.
c) Under the “Recording” tab right click on the white empty space and check the box that says, “Show disabled devices” and “Show disconnected devices”.
d) Right click on “Stereo Mix” and “Enable” this device.
e) Highlight “Stereo Mix”, click on “Properties” and go to the “Listen” tab.
f) Check the box "Listen to this device", also change the drop-down box below "Playback through this device" to be your second audio device.
g) To verify that you've done this correctly, go back to the sound dialog tab “Playback”, you should now see both of your audio devices showing the little green graphs moving.
Alternatively, I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community