cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Omen Accelerator graphics card compatibility?

HP Recommended
Omen Accelerator
Other

Hello, I just wanted to say first off that I don't know much about computer parts and am wondering about getting a graphics card for my Omen Accelerator and saw online that only certain graphics cards would be compatible with it. I've asked around and my friends have said that right now I should wait for the RTX 3070 but I don't know if that would be compatible.

If it's not what would be my next best option for it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,339 86,221 10,965 23,557
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alpharius 

Its specs clearly says

Insatiable upgradability

• Keep your gaming performance at peak condition without buying a new PC. A large door allows for seamless access to the graphics card slot, 2.5" drive bay, and replaceable power supply.

Graphics cards

• The large enclosure provides plenty of space for a variety of different graphics cards from multiple vendors, including full-length, dual slot GPUs like the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti or AMD RadeonTM RX 580.2

Hard drives

• Expand your storage capabilities with space for an industry-standard 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD.

Forget about hard drive. There are 3 things you need to consider

1. Power supply which is replaceable,
  2. Physical size of the card: it supports dual slot GPUs - Looks like GTX 1080 and RTX 3070 have same size.
  3. Firmware: You need to wait for new firmware from HP

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation