Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Sequencer Optical Mechanical Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the Omen Sequencer keyboard as my entry into the world of mechanical keyboards. I love everything about it, except the switches. It types well, that volume roller bar is as smooth as the transmission of a Volkswagen Phaeton, but the switches are obnoxious, especially for gaming.

Is there any way that the blue switches can be replaced with red switches? What brand switches are they? I have seen some sources that they are LK Optical Switches. Are the switched hot swappable, or are they soldered in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to love this keyboard, but between the clicks of the blue switches and the over the top crash of the space-bar, it's hard for me to enjoy the experience. I do plan on installing o-rings on the space bar to hopefully only have the click, unless I can find some red switches.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Doing some research, outside of HP support, the switches are soldered in. Really inconvenient, but not the end of the world.

I still need to know what switches are used. Keychron has a few variants for optical switches, but I'm not sure which would be compatible. I want almost anything that isn't a blue switch. If anyone has any idea where to get red or brown switches for the sequencer, please help.

I will be installing the o-rings this evening, so I can try to provide an update on the noise reduction of the spacebar.

HP Recommended

I was wrong. The switches can be hot swapped!

The O-Rings helped quite a bit, but the space bar and other large keys, like shift and enter, still have an extra noise outside of the blue-switch "click." This only requires an O-ring installed on the bottom side of the key cap that the switch is inserted into (shaped like a plus).

The cap removal tool that I used also had a switch removal attachment so I gave that a shot on a key I don't use often.... It worked like a champ. switch came right out, and replaced with no issues. Now I need a huge favor from HP. Please tell me what brand the switches are, so I can replace them. I just want to get rid of the clicks.

Please help me.

HP Recommended

I have spent way more time on this than I should have. HP and Omen have either left me, and the few other people I've seen inquire about this, in the dark or simply stated that it isn't possible. This is pretty unacceptable for this price-range and the competitors in optical can have their switches replaced, since they most likely use Gatereon or Kailh optical switches.

I believe I have found the switches for the sequencer, but they are only sold from the manufacturer in China through wholesale, https://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Dongguan-Mingjian/6008845374407/pdtl/Dust-proof-Mechanical-Keybo.... Keychron sells LK Optical switches, but the bottom fixture is slightly different. I haven't been able to test one of these out though.

A possible solution for all of this nonsense is to convert the blue-clicky-switch into a linear switch. Again, these are hot-swappable, so easy to remove with the right tool. The only option HP has to fix this keyboard is to buy a new one, which is also a shame for this price range. Omen has done a lot of things right with their lineup of equipment, but this should be more user friendly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.