Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vyktrii
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Opening Discord With HP Command Center Macro Key ?

HP Recommended
Omen Sequencer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since discord isnt installed at in programme files and its updater.exe file doesnt open (which is used to open discord normally) is there any way to open Discord with a macro , i would really love that feature

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vyktrii
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying , The problem with that is whenever a update comes , the version will change and the folder name will change and my bind would be useless ? , So what ive done is bound Discord Overlay shortcut to a macro so it works ingame but not always , its not that bad , Also one off-topic question , Does your keybosrd also need a all time running driver / software to use macros ? Macros on mine stop working as soon as  I end the omen command center through task manager

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Vyktrii 

Good question. I don't have access to the Omen Sequencer keyboard, but the Discord exe is located in

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.305

While I don't have any Omen Macros to test with, I was able to use that location to set up a startup macro with a Logitech keyboard.

Does that help?

Vyktrii
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying , The problem with that is whenever a update comes , the version will change and the folder name will change and my bind would be useless ? , So what ive done is bound Discord Overlay shortcut to a macro so it works ingame but not always , its not that bad , Also one off-topic question , Does your keybosrd also need a all time running driver / software to use macros ? Macros on mine stop working as soon as  I end the omen command center through task manager

View solution in original post

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't had it running long enough to notice if an update changes the binding yet.

Yes, the Logitech software also has to be running for the macro to work. End it and the macro stops working.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation