Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC doesnt recognise HP Reverb until USB unplugged/replugged.

All cables checked. When I start my PC wmr says No headset detected. I unplug and replug the reverb usb cable and it starts but has lost my play area settings and I have to set this up again.

I have USB port 3.1 V2, I've tried other ports and they all do the same. My mobo is Asus tuf z390, all drivers up to date. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yeah we've seen this before and we're working with Microsoft to fix it.

Not sure what exactly is happening, but out of the 3 USB devices that make up the Reverb, the one that identifies it as a monitor sometimes doesn't pick up when coming out of sleep or when started up.

The work around, for now, is to unplug the unit when not using it.

Also ensure that all windows stuff is up to date. (I say this as I have not seen this problem in a while.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back - I have an update,something I read online concerning this. In Win10 device manager - there is an option that can be unchecked to prevent the headset from sleeping, when I uncheck this, my reverb is recognised and wmr starts up, however when I put the headset on there is just 'static' (like a tv with the arial unplugged), when I unplug/re-plug the headset USB, it works ok? but I still have to do the unplug/re-plug every time I start my pc.

HP Recommended

Have latest v of windows 10/wmr.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.