Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, sorry for my english. I have an HP Pavilion 32inch HDR 3BZ12AA.

When I use the HDMI 2.0 cable in the Nvidia control panel there is 8 bit color and I can't change it. When I use the displayport 1.4 cable in the Nvidia control panel there is 10bit color and I can choose the 10 or 8 bit color depth.

In the case of HDMI 2.0 cable, I can't choose the 10bit color even if the HDR is activated on the windows 10 settings.

I don't understand if the monitor have 10 or 8 bit for colors and why I can choose the 10 bit color depth only with the displayport.

Is it ok? I can use the 10bit color only with the displayport? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DevilChry,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you check with an alternate HDMI cable?

I would like to inform you that the display should work. It will also depend on the graphics card on your computer and the resolution you have set.

You may try to uninstall the display drivers from Device manager and then update the drivers. 

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet. I have the GTX 1070 and I use the 2560*1440 resolution. I tried more ways:

1440p - RGB - Full

1440p -RGB - Limited

1440p -YCbCr444

1440p - YCbCr422

The result doesn't change 😞 . I have two HDMI certified 2.0b , but nothing... with the HDMI cable the bit color depth is stuck at 8bit. Instead with the displayport I can choose between 8 and 10bit. 

I don't know why 😞

HP Recommended

@DevilChry,

This definitely looks like an issue with HDMI as it would only support at 8 bit color. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.