Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Please can you share the fix with me too as I am having the exact same issue with the same setup , same model laptop , hp omen accelerator with 1080ti

HP Recommended

For anyone else that's had this problem, the only way I found that worked was to use another laptop with Thunderbolt 3 to perform a firmware update on the Accelerator.

Luckily I was able to use my work device for this but it took a lot of tries to get it to maintain the connection before I got the firmware updated. Once it was installed the rest of the setup process worked as described.

HP should really have made it clear on the website that there were known issues with particular models.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information, unfortunatly I do not have access to another computer with ThunderBolt 3, HP please help.

HP Recommended

@old_geekster 

I have the same issue. Got a 13-ae004np. Anyone got the spectre to recognize the omen?

HP Recommended

You have to update firmware using another TB3 notebook/pc.

I have used Yoga 370 a have to flash firmware twice.

My Spectre x360 ae012nc detected the Omen accelerator after then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.