Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I want to know what type of RAM slot you recommend for my laptop. I've had it for 4 years and would like to upgrade it. Also, I’m considering replacing the battery—what type would you recommend?

Operating system:
Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics

System memory:
8 GB

Memory slot 1, slot 2:
4GB Samsung 3200MHz

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates your notebook can support up to 2 x 8 GB of DDR4 memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

I'm pretty sure your notebook can support up to 2 x 16 GB of memory if you want.

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

I recommend Crucial memory which they indicate is compatible with your notebook:

16 GB:

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial MX

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA32A | Crucial MX

Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook:

HP PartSurfer

The battery part number and description is:

L84392-006
Battery 6C 70Wh 3.07Ah LI SD0

Here is a list of authorized HP suppliers.

You can check to see if they can help you with sourcing a new battery:

The HP Parts Store | HP Computer Parts | HP Printer Parts | HP parts | hp batteries | SSD | printhea...

Otherwise, you can do a search on Amazon or eBay using the HP L84392-006 battery part number and find a compatible aftermarket battery that references the HP part number.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve already purchased the 16GB RAM sticks, I really appreciate your help. I have another question: could you also help me figure out what type of SSD my OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx needs? I plan to use it for gaming and want to make sure I get a good upgrade.

Product Number: : 2V926UA#ABA

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The service manual indicates that your notebook has support for two M.2 NVMe SSD's.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

So, I don't know what your plans are...to replace the 512 GB NVMe SSD with a larger capacity drive or install another SSD in the available M.2 slot and use it for extra storage?

Some background information:

Your notebook motherboard's NVMe slot is PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4.

While a gen 4.0 SSD will work fine, it will not run at its maximum advertised read/write speeds from a Gen 3. SSD slot.

This table shows the maximum transfer speeds each PCIe slot generation can support:

NVMe Generations Compared [Gen3/4/5/6] (cgdirector.com)

I personally have this drive in one of my HP desktops and like it very much.

Samsung (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1 TB - M.2 NVMe interfaz interna de estado sólido con tecnología V-N...

But you can only get it in a storage capacity up to 1 TB.

Please let me know how large a capacity drive you want to install and if you want a Gen 3.0 SSD like the one I mentioned above or a Gen 4.0 SSD you can transfer to a newer model notebook that has a Gen 4.0 SSD slot.

HP Recommended

I'd like to expand my laptop's memory to download and run high-end games like Warzone. For now, I want to add one higher-capacity memory module, but I'm looking for a good value-for-money option. In the near future, I'll consider getting the Gen4 Samsung module you mentioned. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This would be a good option.  Reasonable cost, very good performance:

Crucial P3 2TB PCIe M.2 2280 SSD | CT2000P3SSD8 | Crucial MX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.