Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2

Hello, HP. It grieves me to come here with technical issues, but I've tried literally everything to get it to work. Whenever I plug in my G2 into my laptop (with qualifying specs), the display will not turn on. The HP logo lights up, and audio is playing through, but nothing else occurs.

Things I have tried:

• Unplugging and replugging the headset

• DDU uninstalling display drivers

• Completely removing WMR and installing it again (as well as the Analog.Holographic package)

• Tried different cords with the headset on multiple computers

• Tried a different G2 with the same cord on the same computer (and it worked)

• Restarted the spectrum service

• Removed the drivers for Hololens sensor, HP Reverb G2, and associated USB devices through Device Manager.

• I have made sure that every single link under the PCI bridge (Under view -> devices by connection) has "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" off.

• Tried the headset on a windows 10 device (with a usb error)
  • Reinstalled OpenXR.
  • Tried different ports and USB-A and USB-C

I'm just about done trying things. It seems to be an issue with the headset itself, not the cord or computer. I've been running the HP Reverb G2 on a laptop for a good while and kept it well conditioned, yet one day it's just stopped working. If anyone else has experienced a similar issue or has any expertise on it I would appreciate it. Under no condition do I want to factory reset or downgrade from Windows 11 to 10.

Something to note as well; when the headset is on, there is no option to preview what is being displayed inside the headset. But the headset appears as connected and the displays show up inside of the Display Settings on Windows.

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.