Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset Developer Edition VR1000-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The motion controls stop being detected when I use them, and start shaking when I use them. and sometimes the vr screen turns off.

the warranty expired a year ago.

is there a solution? or should I throw them away?

Also the VR headset does not work with modern versions of NVIDIA drivers. 

Windows Mixed Reality does not detect the VR headset including Steam VR. (Windows 11 & Windows 10). But the main problem is the motion controls.

The problem with the controls happens with any bluetooth adapter I have tried the following things:

1. USB 3.0
  2. USB 3.1
  3. Front panel USB 3.0
  4. AMD Aorus B550 Pro AC motherboard integrated bluetooth adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz (latest drivers).
    5. External bluetooth adapter: ASUS USB-BT400 (latest drivers)
    6 .BIOS update of my current motherboard (AMD Aorus B550 Pro AC)
    7. BIOS DOWNGRADE for my current motherboard
    8. AMD B550 chipset update
    9. Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating system upgrade
    10. Operating system formatting
    11. Motherboard replacement: (AMD MSI X470 Gaming Pro carbon)
    12. Change of batteries of the motion controllers (Panasonic ENELOOP PRO).
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@UBMATA

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

To troubleshoot issues with Windows Mixed Reality, go to Microsoft webpage Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. No

2. I didn't touch anything in the OS, I use the default windows settings.

3. I've tried everything the Microsoft page says, but it doesn't solve the problem. "Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality - Enthusiast Guide | Microsoft Docs"

HP Recommended

@UBMATA

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your effort! this seems like hardware related issue with the VR headset.  If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.