Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Mixed Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I got a windows mixed reality headset for christmas and due to spending time with family I have only just had time to set it up. Every time I enter the WMR portal I get error code 7-5. I cannot find any other articles about this. Can you help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GMJ13
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Let's prepare the computer by using the following steps:

1. Ensure you are using Windows 10 Creators Update or later for Windows Mixed Reality support.

For further information about system requirements, installation, and troubleshooting, see the Microsoft article, Install the tools.

For more information see the Microsoft article, Immersive headset support.

2. You need an administrator user account, and then you need to sign in with a Microsoft Managed Service account.

3. Check Windows System updates and install any drivers that need to be updated.

4. Enable full kernel-mode dump.

5. Enable Developer mode from Settings > Update & Security > For Developers.

6. Enable full diagnostics from Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.

7. Copy MRValidationKit to the PC.

8. Reboot the system.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From the Mixed Reality Enthusiasts Guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/troubleshooting-windows-mixe...

7-52181038087-5Windows Mixed Reality is having trouble connecting to your headset. Try plugging your headset into a different USB port and temporarily unplugging any other USB devices connected to your PC.
Windows Mixed Reality lost synchronization between the Mixed Reality camera frame timestamps and your PC timestamps.

Troubleshooting:
  • This could be a transient error, or an indication of USB signal integrity issues.
  • Try temporarily unplugging all of your USB devices and peripherals, remove all extension cables, and plug in just your headset.
  • Try disabling any USB suspend / power saving features your PC might have, for instance: Selective suspend in Windows power options, the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting in Device Manager, and any USB power saving settings in your PC's firmware.
I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.