Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The HP Windows mixed reality headset has treated me well, but the cable is a little short. I’d like to attempt an extension. On the end that plugs into my computer is a HDMI 2.0 and a USB 3.0. My question revolves around what’s on the other end. It’s a little smaller than a DisplayPort but has a similar look. Is it proprietary? Here’s an image of the connector (bottom) next to a DisplayPort (top).

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry, didn’t intend to shove your answer off to the side. You were right. I reached out to him and he was able to answer my question.

If anyone else comes across this post, here’s the information I was told:

The connector type is called oculink. It’s not proprietary, but I’m not personally going to go and find adapters/extenders for this cable out of fear of having mismatched pinouts. There don’t appear to be any official extenders out as of now and I assume the same connector is used on the Reverb.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Cyclicz 

I don't use MWR and looking up what HP uses as far as tech specs go is almost fruitless.

According to iFixit, that connector is proprietary. I don't know where you could get a longer extension for it.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HP+Windows+Mixed+Reality+Headset+Developer+Edition+Teardown/96608

Buying that same cable from HP is almost as much as buying another headset.

You could also ask https://www.reddit.com/user/Voodooimaxx on reddit. He might know of something.

HP Recommended

The ifixit post isn’t official but it’s the closest I’ve come to an explanation. As far as that reddit user goes, he tends to direct people here for support questions. As far as other WMR goes this is the only headset that has a connector like this. My best option at this point seems to  create my own usb/HDMI extension. I felt like if anyone had answers they’d be here.

HP Recommended

For your information, that reddit user also resides on the HP Forum and hes actually suggested users can contact him there. So its not like i randomly posted an answer.  But thanks... 😉

HP Recommended

Sorry, didn’t intend to shove your answer off to the side. You were right. I reached out to him and he was able to answer my question.

If anyone else comes across this post, here’s the information I was told:

The connector type is called oculink. It’s not proprietary, but I’m not personally going to go and find adapters/extenders for this cable out of fear of having mismatched pinouts. There don’t appear to be any official extenders out as of now and I assume the same connector is used on the Reverb.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.